Friday, November 20, 2009

How long will the skin infection heal completely?

I have a callus swollen under my left foot and it sometimes painful to walk if I walk too much in the past. I did apply medicated cream but it prolong for months until my mum (doctor) cut it out, and the chances it grow back is maybe highly possible. I have to apply cream everyday, but for how long?

How long will the skin infection heal completely?
It is very difficult to say. When an area becomes infected, it can be from many different causes. Because the infection is on your foot, it makes me wonder if you are possibly diabetic, since it is taking such a long time to heal. The best thing to do for any area that is infected is to keep it clean and dry. Apply an antibiotic ointment, even over the counter would definately help. Keep it bandaged with a "thick" bandage and try to do what you can to not over irritate it and give it a chance to heal. You definately may need to seek the advice of an actual physician, as most infections, depending on the cause and how it is being treated, usually are farely cleared within 7-14 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment