Monday, November 16, 2009

Can a bacterial skin infection on the outer ear form as a result of repetitive friction?

I've got a habit of rubbing two fingers in downward strokes against my ear. I thought a cyst had formed but my physician said I had a


bacterial infection on the skin on my outer ears. He did not say what could have caused it, I suspect it was the constant repetitive friction. Am I correct?. Any input from a Dr. or a nurse, or a nurse practitioner would help.

Can a bacterial skin infection on the outer ear form as a result of repetitive friction?
Yes, if your skin was irritated from the rubbing, it may have gotten infected. If you still have a cyst there after you finish your antibiotics, go see a dermatologist. They will be able to pop or extract it


No comments:

Post a Comment