Saturday, April 24, 2010

What is wrong with my Savannah Monitors skin?? Is it an infection?

My monitor had a small indention on it's back when I got it like a little black crater I thought it was a scar. Now it's grown in size from smaller than a dime to now a irregular two quarters together. The skin was dark and VERY hard I noticed it was peeling a bit and once off that the skin underneath it is totally pink and raw. I've also noticed he has a bluish/pinkish discoloration peeling on his shoulders as well just above this spot. Does anyone know if this is some sort of infection and if it is rough ideas on how much I can expect to spend on treatment as well as a prognosis? I would like to know what could cause this and why it's gotten worse now than when he came to me (he was found in someone's backyard and I sort of ended up adopting him) He has a great cage, good water supply soaking tub, heating pad that gives him no problems at all on his belly and I have a heat lamp about 3 feet above him...any help or suggestions would be wonderful!! PLEASE HELP BIG CY

What is wrong with my Savannah Monitors skin?? Is it an infection?
It sounds like a fungal infection, or maybe the result of lighting or heating burns. I t could possibly be problems from a vitamin deficiency. A vet that does reptiles could take care of any of those problems.





I would expect to pay in the $50 neighborhood for a vet visit.





Good luck
Reply:You might want to clarify what "your Savannah Monitor" is.





Some sort of animal?


Good luck, just thought you'd get better/ more answers if you were more clear.


No comments:

Post a Comment